The ag farm facilities are provided by Springlake Earth ISD for FFA members to house and feed their supervised ag projects. All students and parents must agree to the terms of the policy before pens will be assigned.
Anytime there is a congregation of swine, specially swine originating from different premises, there is an increased risk for the spread of PEDv or other communicable diseases. Establishing and following sound biosecurity practices is the corenerstone for reducing the risk of spreading those diseases. NO ENTRY WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORIZATION --BIOSECURITY MEASURES ARE IN EFFECT. For Futher Information, consult with the Ag Science Teacher.
The ag farm is an extension of the ag classroom. All school rules are applicalbe to the ag farm at all times as they would be on campus.
- There will be a $25/pen charge for lambs, barrows, and goats. No breeding animals.
- Members are responsible for keeping facilities clean. Pick up trash whether it is yours or not.
- Members may not change or alter facilities in any way.
- Members who use heat lamps, do so with the understanding they are responsible for ALL damages to facilities and animals resulting from fire or other problems.
- Members who do things to their pens, put up tarps ect. that cause injury to adjacent pens or animals are responsible for the damages.
- When lights are not in use, turn them off. Doors should be latched open or closed shut.
- If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
- If it is not yours, don't mess with it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you open it, close it. -- If you unlock it, lock it back.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you move it, put it back.
- Failure to feed or clean pens after two notices will result in removal from the ag farm.
- Members must have pens cleaned before receiving premium checks. If you have no premium check coming you will be fined $25
- There is a zero tolerance for alcohol or drugs.
- Firearms are not permitted on school property, therefore the ag farm is posted for no hunting or trespassing.
- Report anything in need of repair or violations to this policy to the ag teacher immediateley.
- members assume all responsibilities and inherent risks associated with keeping animals on the Springlake Earth Feeding Facilities. Springlake Earth FFA, Springlake Earth ISD, or the Agriculture Science Teacher are not responsible for injury, sickness, or death of members or projects housed in these facilities.
- Zero tolerance for theft
Signature Exhibitor __________________________ Date _______________, 2016
Signature Parent __________________________ Date _______________, 2016